*Disclosure, I received product from Manitoba Harvest via my affiliation with Fit Approach. As always, my thoughts are my own.
Every once in a while I will toss a bag of Manitoba Hemp Hearts or a container of Manitoba Hemp Protein Powder into my grocery cart. I love Manitoba products. Did you know that they are the worlds largest hemp food manufacturer and they make and sell their own line of hemp foods?
What is Hemp? Well the fast easy answer is this … A super plant.
At the top part of the hemp plant you will find the hard hemp seed. This small seed “seeds” nutritiously delicious products like Hemp Hearts, hemp protein powder, and hemp oil. Hemp foods taste great! Hemp foods have a slightly nutty taste that complements any dish. Read more about Hemp here.
- Great tasting – Hemp Hearts have a slightly nutty taste, similar to a sunflower seed or pine nut.
- Easy to use – Simply sprinkle Hemp Hearts on salad, cereal, yogurt. Add to smoothies and recipes, or eat them straight from the package!
- Nutritious – per 30 gram serving, Hemp Hearts contain 10 grams of plant-based protein and 10 grams of Omegas.
- Hemp Hearts have more protein and omegas and less carbs than the same serving of chia or flax.
I love adding these to smoothies of course, but I tend to “sneak” these Hemp Hearts into foods like soups, turkey burgers, oatmeal, pasta dishes, etc. I can add Hemp Hearts to pretty much anything, because they blend so well into food. After a good run, I like to cook up some brown rice and sweet potatoes, sprinkling Manitoba Hemp Hearts onto my food just gives me that “extra” healthy benefit. It’s all good.
You can have a chance to win your own bag of Manitoba Hemp Hearts. It is easy to enter just follow the prompts below …
- Follow @ManitobaHarvest on Twitter
- Follow @ManitobaHarvest on Instagram
- Tweet about the giveaway using@ManitobaHarvest #hemphearts @FitApproach #sweatpink
- Leave a comment here on the blog about why you want to try Hemp Hearts OR if you have had Manitoba products before. ♥
- Open to US and Canada residents
- Giveaway will end Sunday, November 8th at midnight PST.
- One prize per person. If you win this giveaway, and have already won another prize from Manitoba Harvest through another blog, please disclose that you have already won so we can choose another winner.